I've made some changes for the future of my blog. I've been approached
by Michael Sellick from the Crochet Crowd to be a guest blogger. It's a
great opportunity for me and building up my personal blog so, I've
decided to combine all my trial blogs into one and move to WordPress
So, please come visit my new blog address. I hope you will like it! Chit and Chats....about this and about that.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Date: 4-23-13We're going to need continued prayers for Brandon. Can you please pray with us for a miracle? Brandon was declared inoperable by doctors but if it is His will, he will have a chance!
Here's an update from Brandon's mom: " I'd like to give you an update on Brandon's condition. We have been in an emotional roller coaster since April 10 but with everyone's prayers, Brandon is fine but we're back to square 1.
Last April 10, they did a cardiac catheterization to get his actual pressure and attempted a VSD closure with device. The first attempt, the device was too small and if dislodged would have caused more complications. It was pulled out and a larger device was attempted to close the VSD. As they were putting the sheath in the arteries, Brandon went into a cardiac block and they aborted the procedure. He was revived and became stable in the ICU with a ventilator.
They talked to us about open heart surgery which we agreed to. However, the surgeon turned the case down as it was too risky and Brandon was declared as inoperable. The doctors want to continue meds for 6 months and would like to do cardiac cath again in 6 months to get the pressure and see if Brandon has improved and can be reconsidered for closure of hole.
He is in the room with us now and he looks really good and back to normal compared to his state in the ICU. We will be discharged this Thursday and will get a second opinion. Fortunately, the doctor that we want to see is a friend of Marisa's close friend. Hopefully, he will give us better news.
Another option we will look into is going to the US. The surgeon here would have operated on Brandon if we have Nitric Oxide in the Philippines. Unfortunately, the government did not approve bringing it in so we don't have it in any hospitals here. Our pedia cardio says that we can look into bringing Brandon as a study so everything can be free. We'll try to see our options and continue to pray for what's best for him."
Please continue to pray for Brandon.
Here's a message from Brandon's mom: "I would like to thank everyone who have been with us praying for Brandon, giving us support in any way. I can't thank all of you individually right now since I only found time now to check my messages and will soon have to go back to Brandon. Update is we are considering an open heart surgery if the doctors believe his condition is still reversible. Please, please help us pray that he is still operable. Thank you"
Here's the update on Brandon: "The procedure was aborted since the device inserted was small for the hole. When the doctors tried a bigger one Brandon's vital signs were affected so they had to stop. But the good news is he is operable since his pressure and hemo dynamics were good. Doctors recommend open heart surgery by next week. Pls continue to pray for Brandon. He is now in ICU but his vital signs are stable."
Date: 4/10/14Celebrating Brandon's 2nd Birthday!!! Please leave a comment and say happy birthday and wish him luck/prayers for his upcoming heart surgery!
Update on my nephew, Brandon. Due to Cardiologist Schedule conflicts, Brandon's heart surgery has been rescheduled to April 10th at 8 am. That's 5pm PST on April 9th for us in the U.S. The family is asking for extra prayers on that day.
It's extremely scary for everyone in the family to send this little 2 year old into any surgery, let alone a heart surgery. I would love to have everyone show their support by leaving a comment of prayers and well wishes for Brandon as he undertakes this procedure.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!